81-year-old BP sufferer: I am okay after drinking `muragira`

Information provided for interest only. Always consult your GP/MD or practitioner regarding any health issues or treatment.

Any references here to treat or treatment are confined to the article or research as presented.

If you have any queries about this then Herbs and Helpers will be happy to clarify verbally.

Postby herbsandhelpers » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:30 am

Eighty-one-year-old Scolastica Hussein tearfully bid goodbye to her beloved grandchildren at her splendid home on the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro, doubting whether she would ever reunite with them again.

Scolastica who had seriously battled with diabetes and blood pressure for nearly 23 years, was embarking on a journey to Samunge village -- currently referred to as a new ‘Mecca of Africa’- to seek a miracle herbal healing administered by retired Lutheran pastor, Ambilikile Mwasapila in Loliondo, Ngorongoro District.

Seventy-six-year-old Mwasapila administers a herbal concoction derived from an indigenous tree called mugariga, which has divine powers to treat diseases that include asthma, diabetes, blood pressure, cancer and HIV/Aids.
After a good eight hours of anxiety and stress, she finally arrived in the presumed promised land of Samunge. Fortunately, her turn came and she got her single dose served from a cup.

“The miracle medicine absolutely changed my life,” Scolastica told The Guardian on Sunday, adding: “My pressure and diabetes were up, but immediately after having taken the herbal cure, I felt fine”. She returned home a happier grandmother full of life, and praising God.

She is now busy giving a testimony to people in the neighbourhood and beyond over the miracle. “The only thing I did was to believe in God’s miracle as well as heed to what Pastor Masapila instructed me and immediately the healing process started,” Scolastica noted.

Scolastica is not alone. Ndikiqwi Terry (78), a resident of Usa-River in Arusha also testified that he had been healed of chronic diabetes.

“I was troubled by diabetes for almost half of my life, but after taking a cup of the concoction, I’m fine…I’m grateful to God,” Terry told The Guardian on Sunday. Majority of patients who had given up , claim the pastor’s concoction is a sure medication that made a difference to their lives.

Miracle revelation

Masapila, a down to the earth man, has no formal medical training. But on the basis of the discovery for presumed HIV/Aids cure, some people are addressing him as a prophet.

He says the cure is derived from the roots of special trees that God showed him in a dream in 1991, but it wasn’t until 2009 that he acted on the revelation.

“I battled with God for eight years over the medicine. As a mere human being it was difficult to buy the idea,” says Mwasapila, as he narrates his miracle journey. In 2009 I dreamt again that God had brought to me thousands of people living with HIV/Aids and instructed me to give them this herbal medicine. This time around I decided to obey God's voice,” he explained.

A major condition is that the herbal cure should be given to the patients for a token of a Sh500 and sometimes free of charge, Mwasapila explains, pointing out that God had warned him against selling the medicine.

A patient ought to have undoubted faith in the healing process as a precondition for the medicine to work effectively, he noted further.

Each passing day, hundreds of people from all over Tanzania and neighbouring countries of Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda and Kenya rush to Samunge village in hopes of finding the cure.

Mwasapila boasted of having healed thousands of patients who attended his clinic, adding that those who had been cured had fulfilled all the conditions.

Health and infrastructure crisis
The divine cure has unearthed a health crisis currently facing the nation, if a number of people who are rushing to see Pastor Mwasapila for healing are anything to go by.

As it stands now, East Africa’s second economic powerhouse may lose a substantial number of its estimated 21,230,000 labour force in the near future.

Besides, health, the medicine discovery also exposed poor infrastructure mostly roads towards Ngorongoro district and other western regions.

This, analysts, says justifies the government’s plan to construct a $480million Arusha-Musoma road through Serengeti National park in a bid to ease transport blues.

The poor infrastructure, mostly the road to the new African Mecca of Samunge, gave the entrepreneurs an advantage of hiking transport fare and food drastically.

The area is now attracting more than 50,000 people who daily visit the area in search of alternative medicine or what is now widely termed as “magic formula.” A team of police officers were recently deployed to the area to reinforce security.

The miracle cure discovery has stirred controversy and fear among government officials who say the priest's claims have injected false hopes amongst people in a country that is home to 1.4 million people living with HIV/Aids, 140,000 of whom are children.

They are also afraid that majority of patients might die sooner than would be the case, in the wake of stopping to take anti-retroviral drugs that have been proven to prolong life and improve the quality of lives.
Ngorongoro District Commissioner, Elias Wawa Lali, says that HIV/Aids patients should continue with their ARV doses, pending Mwasapila's concoction being scientifically proved to be effective.

"I encourage all patients currently receiving anti-retroviral treatment to continue to comply with their recommended treatment regimens, pending the efficacy of the new treatment being confirmed, Lali explained.

The DC was forced to intervene after some patients had abandoned ARVs in favour of the pastor’s medication. But, majority of people differ with the authority, saying the concoction cannot be proved scientifically because it has something to do with faith.

Way back in 1980s, ELCT had several times tried to assign a pastor to serve in the remote plains of Sonjo near Loliondo in Arusha, without success as no pastor was willing to go there. ELCT reported to have had asked God ‘Whom shall we send?’- The reply was clear; send the best.

This was no second rate assignment, it demanded outstanding qualifications in experience, judgment, learning and zeal. And so the thoughts went to the cream of pastors.

Later, cleric Mwasapila, who by then was serving in Babati town, volunteered to go there to the wonderment of many. He left behind his loved family and splendid home in Babati, embarking on a journey to a deep jungle of Samunge carrying the message of Jesus.

SOURCE: GUARDIAN ON SUNDAY
herbsandhelpers
Site Admin

Return to Conditions