Herbs and Helpers ®

Herbal Services and Solutions | Herbalist | Supplier | Herbs

   Aug 03


A Lincolnshire business which makes medicinal herbal remedies has been fined after an employee died from exposure to toxic gases.

Leicester Crown Court heard Karl Brader, 50, was working for Herbs in a Bottle Ltd when the incident occurred in September 2014.

He was using cleaning chemicals to clean a changing room when he was exposed to the gas, most likely chlorine, and died at the scene.

An investigation by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) found Brader had not been trained in the safe use of chemicals had no Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) assessment had been carried out.

Herbs in a Bottle Ltd, of Bourne End, Essendine, pleaded guilty to breaching the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, and the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002.

It was fined £45,000 and ordered to pay costs of £4,842.

Source: Insider Media

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.